Cox Technic protocols are documented in textbooks and in research papers and in case reports. Such published results documentation allows physicians to reproduce the same protocols to get the same results...and even improve on both.
- Biomechanical Outcomes - Forces applied to the lumbar spine during Cox Technic Flexion Distraction and Decompression are documented. Cervical spine forces are being studied currently.
- Intradiscal Pressure Changes during Manual Cervical Distraction: A Cadaveric Study - 2013
- Xia T1, Long CR, Gudavalli MR, Wilder DG, Vining RD, Rowell RM, Reed WR, DeVocht JW, Goertz CM, Owens EF, Meeker WC. Similar Effects of Thrust and Non-Thrust Spinal Manipulation Found in Adults With Subacute and Chronic Low Back Pain - A Controlled Trial with Adaptive Allocation. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2015 Dec 10. [Epub ahead of print]
- Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial Outcomes - Lumbar spine application of flexion distraction has been compared to medical conservative active exercise therapy for the relief of low back and leg pain. Cervical spine application of flexion distraction has been compared as well.
- Forces Applied during Cox Technic F/D
- Training and Clinical Application Outcomes
Gudavalli Maruti Ram et al. Clinician proficiency
in delivering manual treatment for neck pain within specified force ranges. The
Spine Journal 2015; Volume 15 , Issue 4 , 570 – 576
Gudavalli MR, Salsbury SA, Vining RD, Long CR,
Corber L, Patwardhan AG, Goertz CM. Development of an attention-touch control
for manual cervical distraction: a pilot randomized clinical trial for patients
with neck pain. Trials. 2015 Jun 5;16(1):259. doi: 10.1186/s13063-015-0770-6.
Ram Gudavalli, PhD, James M. Cox, DC, DACBR: Real-time force feedback during
flexion-distraction procedure for low back pain: A pilot study. J Can Chiropr
Assoc 2014; 58(2):193-197
- Published Articles in compiled lists
- Clinical Outcomes - Clinical outcomes are important to physicians and the pain patients. Physicians document their clinical outcomes for their colleagues to consider:
Any way the published results of clinical application of chiropractic flexion distraction and decompression care are applied is beneficial to the documentation of spinal care management with Cox Technic.